Mussels with Bourbon Butter
Show us your Mussels! The perfect Bourbon Mussels seasoned with our On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper seasoning, butter and parsley! Don’t be shellfish, share some with your friends.
Mussels with Bourbon Butter feat. PS Seasoning On the Rocks Bourbon Pepper Grinder
Putting together a mussel meal is all about combining the right flavors, and PS Seasoning has just the right recipe! A must-have dish, Mussels with Bourbon Butter with On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper along with the other ingredients is a must try!
- 2 Lbs Mussels (fresh)
- 2 T Cooking Oil
- 1 Shallot (julienned)
- ¼ C Bourbon
- ½ C Water
- 1 Stick Butter, Unsalted
- 1 T On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper
- 2 T Parsley (Chopped)
- Clean the beards off the mussels if needed and rinse them in a strainer under cold water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté the shallot for 2-3 minutes and then add the mussels.
- As soon as a few mussels start to open, add the bourbon and water.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover the pan to steam the mussels.
- Once all the mussels have opened. Season generously with On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper.
- Add butter to the pan and swirl until fully melted.
- Plate the mussels and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with baguette for dipping.