Smoky Honey Habanero Stuffed Cornish Game Hens Recipe
Smoky Honey Habanero Stuffed Cornish Game Hens by Spiceology
Change up your normal routine with this exquisite recipe straight from the chefs behind Spiceology's Smoky Honey Habanero Rub, a featured box item.
- 1 Grill
- 1 Cast Iron Pan
- 2 Cornish Game Hens or Pheasants (dressed)
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- 4 pcs Thick Cut Bacon (diced)
- ½ cup Andouille Sausage (cubed)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Nectarines or Apricots — or any stone fruit that is in season (diced)
- 1 Apple (diced)
- 1 Lemon (squeezed)
- 2 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1 tbsp Smoky Honey Habanero Rub by Spiceology (featured box item)
- 1 tbsp Spiceology Greek Freak Blend (sub: Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, Black Pepper)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Heat grill to 350°F.
- Place cast iron on the grill for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, sausage, and bacon. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, kosher salt to taste, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Lastly, add apple, nectarine, and 1½ tablespoons of Smoky Honey Habanero Blend.
- Remove skillet from grill, toss ingredients together well and set your stuffing aside.
- Close the grill lid and bring your temperature back up to 350°F again.
- Stuff em’ and rub em’: Apply the dry rub to the outside of your birds, and stuff them with the fruit stuffing you set aside previously.
- Place them back into the cast iron skillet breast side up, allowing any extra stuffing to crowd around.
- Place your cast iron skillet back on the grill and cook for 1½ hours.
- Remove skillet from grill and cover with foil for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Thanks to Spiceology for this amazing recipe!