Zesty Western Chorizo Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Note: Zesty Western Marinade was designed by Hi Mountain Seasonings as a marinade, but it’s also a great seasoning or rub. If you want to use it as a marinade for your meat in addition or instead, follow the instructions below.
Instructions for Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings
- Combine 2 Tbsp of Zesty Western Marinade with 4 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tbsp of vinegar per 1 lb. of meat. Mix well.
- Place meat or vegetables and marinade in a zip lock bag or non-metallic container, tossing to coat.
- Let marinate 1 hour or over night. (We recommend olive oil and white vinegar. Others are also fantastic: Sesame & peanut oil, apple cider, white & red wine vinegars contribute their own unique flavor.)
Zesty Western Chorizo Breakfast Bowl feat. Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings
- Zesty Western Marinade by Hi Mountain Seasonings (to taste)
- ¾ lb Uncooked Hi Mountain Chorizo Blend Breakfast Sausage (sub your favorite ground chorizo, or any sausage; if you have links, slice ⅛" to ¼" thick and remove casings)
- 6 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes (Sliced ⅛" to ¼" thick)
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- ¼ cup Parsley or Cilanro (garnish)
- 2 tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 4 Fried or Poached Eggs
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook onions until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add chorizo and cook until it just begins to brown and release oil, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in potatoes, season with Zesty Western Marinade and paprika, and cover skillet. Cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Just before the potatoes and chorizo are done, prepare eggs to your liking and keep warm.
- Spoon the chorizo and potatoes into 4 large bowls, and top with one egg (or two if you are really hungry). Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve.