Sweet Heat Grilled Ribeye Recipe
Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Ribeye
The Sauce Goddess way to cook up rib eye steaks! This recipe uses our featured dry rub, BBQ Sweet Heat by Sauce Goddess.
- 4 tbsp Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Rub (featured box item)
- 4 Ribeye Steaks (2 inch, bone-in preferred)
- 2-3 tsp Olive Oil
- Sauce Goddess Sweet Red Devil Sauce (or substitute your favorite steak sauce)
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub all surfaces of each steak with 1 Tbsp of Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat dry rub. Put in refrigerator for up to 1 hour. Remove and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat up grill with one area hot (direct) and one not so hot (indirect).
- Drizzle steaks with a little bit of oil and place on the hot grill area. Do not move the steaks for 3 minutes or until charred looking and still soft to the touch.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes or until charred on the other side. This is searing the surface to seal in the juices.
- Flip again and move to the lower heat area of the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Press into each steak to check to see if done. it should feel slightly firm for medium rare. Avoid cutting into the steak if you can because it will release the juices.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use the Red Devil sauce for a hot spicy steak sauce or dipping sauce, or your favorite steak sauce.
Thanks to Sauce Goddess for this perfect ribeye recipe!