Smokey Whiskey Cheesy Chicken
This fast and simple dish will have people coming back for more by combining these delicious chicken thighs with Kansas City Smoke Rub and Smokey Whiskey BBQ Sauce.
Use promo code GMCBPB4L for 15% off your first order at BBQPitBoys.com. Valid thru 8/31/22.
BBQ Pit Boys Smokey Whiskey Cheesy Chicken
- Smokey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
Kansas City Smoke Rub
- Chicken Thighs (Bone-in, Skin-on)
- Olive Oil
- Beer (Note: The beer is for drinking!)
- Set your grill to about 325 - 350 F and prepare for a reverse-sear.
- Coat the thighs with olive oil and use as a binder to apply Kansas City Smoke Rub on all sides.
- Place thighs skin side up, over indirect heat, opposite the coals or flame.
- Mop with your frequently to keep the thighs nice and moist.
- After about 15 minutes, flip the thighs to skin-side down.
- Mop with Smokey Whiskey BBQ Sauce.
- Wait about another 15 minutes and move your thighs to direct heat, placing them over the coals or flame to sear the skin and lock in the juices, about one minute on each side.
- Move them off the direct fire and then add some shredded cheese on top of the thighs.
- Cover the grill to melt the cheese and get it to how you like it. It’s GUUUD!