Reverse Seared Pit Beef
Beef used for pit barbecue is typically a bottom or top round roast that has been smoked to a rare state and then sliced very thinly.
Even though round roasts are not among the most tender pieces of meat, they are highly flavorful and can be transformed into a delicious meal with the addition of the appropriate blend of seasonings, sauces, and suitable slicing techniques. Round roasts are typically affordable.
If you give Uncle Bubby’s Reverse Seared Pit Beef a try, you can be certain that you will never return to cooking meat using the approach you have always been accustomed to in the future.
20% off with GRILLMASTER22. Expires 6/30/23
Uncle Bubby's Reverse Seared Pit Beef
Uncle Bubby’s Cow Rub
- Lane’s BBQ Sorta White Sauce
- Bottom round or top round cut roast
- Olive oil
- Prepare your grill / smoker for indirect cooking at 225 - 250 °F.
- Trim your roast, removing all the visible fat and the layer of silver skin from the meat.
- Use olive oil as a binder and season well with Uncle Bubby’s Cow Rub.
- Cook your roast indirectly until the internal temperature reaches 115 °F, then remove the roast from the grill and let rest.
- As the roast rests, convert your grill to direct cooking @ 450 - 600 °F.
- Sear your roast over direct heat for one minute on each side, four minutes in total.
- Remove from grill and add the Lane’s BBQ Sorta White Sauce on the top.
- Slice thinly and serve as sandwiches that your guests are sure to love!