Pickleback Wings Recipe
This recipe calls for the Featured Dry Rub in our May 2022 box, Smoke & Spice The Backyard – Better Burger Seasoning by PS Seasoning in Iron Ridge, WI.
Don’t have any Backyard – Better Burger Seasoning left? Use promo code GMCPS for 20% off at PSSeasoning.com (expires: 7/3/2022).
Pickleback Wings feat. The Backyard – Better Burger Seasoning by PS Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp The Backyard – Better Burger by PS Seasoning (May 2022 featured box item)
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings
- 2 Cups Pickle Juice
- ¼ Cup Whiskey or Bourbon
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Place the wings in a large bowl or in a brine bag. Cover with pickle juice. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain the wings and set them on a sheet tray. Pat them dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar and bourbon.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and toss with the whiskey mix.
- Place the wings on a rack lined sheet tray and season with The Backyard – Better Burger Seasoning.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 °F and skin is crisp and golden.
- Serve with ranch and your favorite pickles!