Maple and Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon
You won’t believe how simple and flavorful this Maple and Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon is, and you won’t believe how easy it is to make! You just need six basic ingredients and your smoker to have it ready to eat in less than two to four hours.
Bear Mountain BBQ's Maple and Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon
You won’t believe how easy and delicious this Maple and Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon by Bear Mountain BBQ is! It’s ready in less than 2-4 hours with just six simple ingredients and your smoker!
Gourmet BBQ Smoke ‘Ems
- 2-3 Lbs Salmon
- Maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Brine (recipe below)
Brine: Combine and stir
- 1 Quart Cold Water
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Black Pepper
- Clean the fish well and remove all of the small pin bones. These can sometime be tough to remove, so we recommend tweezers to grab them and pull out at an angle.
- Place the salmon filet(s) into a resealable bag and cover with the brine. Place the bag into a shallow dish or pan and set in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
- Remove from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel to prevent the white fatty protein from oozing out during the smoke.
- Start your grill and set temp to Smoke, or as low as it will go. When up to temp, place the salmon skin side down on the grill grates.
- Smoke for about 2.5 hours.
- At the 2.5 hour mark, lightly brush the salmon every 30 minutes until the salmon temp reaches 145-degrees
- Remove from the grill and enjoy immediately, or allow to cool and enjoy whenever.