Gayle’s Original BBQ-smothered Baby Back Ribs Recipe
BBQ Ribs Smothered in Gayle’s BBQ Sauce
Enjoy your ribs with the sauce that started the BBQ Chicken Pizza and BBQ Chicken Salad craze at California Pizza Kitchen over 30 years ago — Gayle's!
- 1 bottle Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy Original BBQ Sauce (featured box item)
- 1 rack Baby Back Ribs (about 3lb)
Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Marinate the Ribs:
- Trim your baby backs to your liking and remove the silverskin.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and add the olive oil to make a smooth paste. Rub over the ribs.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, or up to overnight.
Cook the Ribs:
- Cook the ribs in a covered gas grill or charcoal barbecue, using the indirect heat method, according to manufacturers' directions.
- Cook approximately one hour, or until very tender.
- Remove ribs from the grill, wrap in foil, and set aside. (Ribs can be made ahead to this point and stored in refrigerator.)
- Heat the grill as for direct cooking method. Remove the ribs from the foil and grill, basting with Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy Original BBQ Sauce until heated through and the sauce is well glazed.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Thanks to Gayle’s Sweet ‘N’ Sassy Foods in Beverly Hills, CA for this classic baby back recipe!