Cherry Pie Pork Chops Recipe
Want more Lane’s BBQ? Get 20% off your first order w/ promo code GMCLUB20 at LanesBBQ.com
Cherry Pie Pork Chops feat. Lane's Original Smoked Finishing Salt
This sweet & savory take on pork chops is a great summer dish and calls for Lane's Smoked Salt from our June 2022 BBQ subscription box titled "The Spice of Life."
- Grill (half direct, half indirect setup)
- Lane's Original Smoked Finishing Salt (featured in our June 2022 "The Spice of Life" box)
- 2 Bone-in Pork Chops
Cherry Pie Brine
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Fresh Ground Tart Cherries
- 6 Tbsp. Sherry Cooking Wine
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 C Water
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Oregano (Ground)
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tsp. Onion (Ground)
- 2 tsp. Garlic (Ground)
- 2 tsp Black Pepper (Ground)
Cherry Pie Dry Rub
- 6 Tbsp. Freshly Ground Dried Cherries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic (Ground)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Black Pepper (Ground)
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Salt
- Make the brine: Mix the Cherry Pie Brine ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pat the pork chops dry, then place in a freezer bag and pour in your brine mixture.
- Brine the pork chops for 6 hours in the fridge, turning occasionally.
- Make the rub: Combine all ingredients for Cherry Pie Dry Rub in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove pork chops from fridge after six hours and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set up your grill for half indirect and half direct heat and bring up to 500 °F.If you have grill grates, clean them up and set them up as well.
- Cooking over direct heat, place pork chops on grill for 45 seconds, then rotate 90 degrees for another 45 seconds. Flip and repeat.
- Once seared, move the chops to cook over indirect heat, adding a knob of butter on top until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 °F.
- Sprinkle Lane's Original Smoked Finishing Salt on the chops and rest for 10 minutes.