Cherry Bourbon Ham
This scrumptious glazed ham was provided to us by the Bear Mountain ambassador, Meaty Mike. Indulge in both your sweet and smokey cravings with this wonderful dish.
Bear Mountain BBQ's Cherry Bourbon Ham
Cherry Bourbon Ham, a delectable glazed ham that was introduced to us by Bear Mountain ambassador Meaty Mike, is the perfect way to indulge in both your sweet and smokey cravings.
- Foil Pan
- Bear Mountain BBQ pellets
- 11 Lbs Ham (Spiral cut)
- Yellow Mustard (Choice of seasoning - Meaty Mike loves Lumberjack Hickory Maple Seasoning from PS Seasoning)
- 1 Cup Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Take the spiral cut ham out of the package. Rinse the pre-packaged brine solution off the ham under cool water. Pat dry.
- Lightly cover the ham with yellow mustard for a binder.
- Add your choice of seasoning.
- While your ham cooks, make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients together in a pan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Take the glaze off the heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Smoke the ham for about three hours until you hit an internal temperature of 130 °F. The ham is already cured/cooked. We’re just reheating and double smoking it.
- Put the ham in a foil pan and cover it in the glaze.
- Smoke again until the ham hits an internal temperature of 140 °F. This will take another 30-45 minutes.
- Take off the grill, eat, and enjoy!