This mouthwatering dish is brought to you by Unicoi Preserves and is glazed with their Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno Spread. A delectable combination of two traditional snacks, the jalapeño popper and the sausage cheese ball.
These tiny small bites of deliciousness are guaranteed to make anyone’s day more enjoyable.
Unicoi Preserves Cherry Bombs
- 12 Whole Jalapenos
- 8 Ounces Fresh Ground Pork Sausage
- 8 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lane’s BBQ Magic Dust Rub
- 1 Jar
Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno Spread
- Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to 400 degrees. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. I like to use a small spoon to scoop out the inside of the peppers.
- Grate the cheese. I prefer to use an aged sharp white cheddar cheese for this recipe. Cabot 3 year aged white cheddar is an ideal choice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage, grated cheese, Bisquick, milk and Magic Dust and mix thoroughly by hand to combine the ingredients.
- Stuff the prepared peppers with the sausage mixture, packing it in firmly. I like to overfill the peppers slightly, mounding the mixture into the pepper half. Continue until all peppers are stuffed.
- Place peppers on the pre-heated grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage mixture is dark golden brown and jalapenos are slightly charred.
- Glaze the top of the peppers with Cherry Jalapeno Spread and cook an additional 2 minutes to set the glaze. Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, you can prepare these in your oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the prepared peppers on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake on the middle rack 15-20 minutes, until the sausage mixture is dark golden brown.
- Glaze the peppers with Cherry Jalapeno Spread and cook an additional 2 minutes to set the glaze.