Butter Garlic Smoked Shrimp Recipe
Note: Smoking the shrimp in this recipe is entirely optional. You may choose to grill the shrimp, or even pan fry if you’re pressed for time. Simply follow the instructions below and grill or fry over medium heat instead of smoking the shrimp.
Pro Tip: Did you know you can use your existing gas or charcoal grill as a smoker? Learn how in our Guide on How to Smoke Meat at Home Like a Pro.
Smoked Buttery Garlic Shrimp feat. XXX-Garlic Seasoning Rub by Miners Mix
- XXX-Garlic Seasoning Rub by Miners Mix (featured box item)
- 2 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup Butter (half a stick, melted)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or your preferred oil)
- ¼ cup Parsley
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- In a small bowl, combine XXX-Garlic Seasoning Rub, (to taste, add a generous amount depending on your love of garlic) parsley, oil, butter, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and shallots.
- Pour mixture over shrimp in a resealable plastic bag. Seal it and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your smoker to medium. You will want to have a pan set up to catch the drippings.
- Remove shrimp from the bag and place on your smoker for 10 minutes.
- Note: Shrimp should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 120°F and a change in color (they will become light pink). The longer you cook them, the tighter and tougher they will get.