The Bully Joe (BBQ Sloppy Joe Recipe)
The Bully Joe Recipe (BBQ Sloppy Joe)
This is Bully Sauce's barbecue version of the classic Sloppy Joe. Enjoy fantastic BBQ flavor from the Bully Red Sauce as featured in our January 2022 box.
- Bully Red Sauce (featured box item)
- 1 lb Ground Beef (we like to use 80/20)
- 8 pcs Texas Toast
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- Butter (for your toast)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional topping)
- In a skillet, add a little olive oil or non-stick spray and bring to MEDIUM heat.
- Add your ground beef and begin to brown it.
- Add a generous amount of Bully Red Sauce, completely covering the ground beef.
- Mix the sauce and meat mixture vigorously as it cooks.
- After 3-5 minutes, bring to HIGH heat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Continue stirring and mixing the sauce completely, ensuring the meat cooks thoroughly.
- When meat is visibly done, turn the heat OFF and continue to stir, caramelizing the meat mixture with the sauce.
- In a separate skillet (or on your grill or in your toaster/toaster oven), apply butter to your Texas Toast and toast to your preference.
- Remove the toast, add a generous amount of your Bully Joe mixture between two slices. Add cheese if you desire and enjoy!
Many thanks to the team at Bully Sauce for sharing this delicious take on the classic Sloppy Joe sandwich!