Bourbon Maple Dijon Horseradish Grilled Flank Steak
A bold combination of syrupy sweet bourbon and dill-laced horseradish combines with the bite of mustard-flecked grilling sauce and Kansas City Smoke Rub to give you an intense experience that will have your guests talking.
Use promo code GMCBPB4L for 15% off your first order at BBQPitBoys.com. Valid thru 8/31/22.
BBQ Pit Boys: Bourbon Maple Dijon Horseradish Grilled Flank Steak
- 4 T
Kansas City Smoke Rub
- 1 t PS Seasoning Bourbon Pepper
- 1-2 lb Flank steak
- 4 oz Real maple syrup
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 T Paprika (smoked or regular)
- 6 T Dennis’ horseradish
- 4 Cloves Garlic (chopped fine)
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- ¼ c Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Coarse Sea salt and pepper
- Put maple syrup and bourbon into a pot and bring to a low simmer. BE CAREFUL because the bourbon can ignite if the heat is too high. Be cautious, but allow the alcohol to burn off. Let the maple and bourbon reduce by 1/3. Set aside and let it cool.
- Mix the paprika, horseradish, Dijon mustard, garlic and parsley in a bowl. Set aside.
- Season the flank steak with coarse sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flank liberally with Kansas City Smoke Rub.
- Add the cooled maple syrup mixture to the Dijon mustard mixture and mix well. Slather this like a past all over the flank steak. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or so while you get your charcoal bbq ready.
- Grill the flank steak until desired doneness is reached. I recommend medium rare to rare for this type of steak. 135 degrees to 140 degrees F. Use a digital thermometer if you have one, or approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove steak from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly AGAINST the grain and serve.