BBQ Pit Boys Tip: Perfect Pork Tenderloin
If you’re wondering what the best way to cook pork tenderloin is, well, there are a few. This is a cut of meat you do not want to cook over low heat for a long time, like in a slow cooker or Dutch oven. Rather, high cooking temps and short cooking times work best, like oven-roasting or grilling.
No matter which method you choose, you can ensure juicy, tender pork loin every time by cooking it at a high temperature as quickly as possible.
Roast pork tenderloin in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. If you’re cooking pork tenderloin on the grill, make sure to use indirect heat and cook for about 30 minutes, turning often throughout.
Cooking pork to an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit is recommended to prevent foodborne illness
My favorite method is to get a cast iron pan nice and hot on the stovetop:
- Season the tenderloin liberally with your favorite rub, or seasoning.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pan and sear the tenderloin on all sides.
- Throw the pan into your preheated oven, as stated above.
- At about the 10 minute mark, throw a nub of butter into the pan and coat the pork in the melted butter.
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from the oven, and let it REST, slightly tented with foil, for about 5 -10 minutes. Slice and serve!
Use promo code GMCBPB4L for 15% off your first order at BBQPitBoys.com. Valid thru 8/31/22.