Bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon with Roasted Romaine Recipe
Loubier’s Bacon-wrapped Filets with Roasted Romaine
This classic dish gets kicked up a few notches by adding Loubier's Mild All Purpose Rub, a featured box item.
- 1 tbsp Loubier Gourmet Mild All Purpose Rub (featured box item)
- 2 steaks Filet Mignon / Tenderloin (thick cut)
- 2 strips Applewood Smoked Bacon (thick cut)
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Rosemary (or your preferred herb)
Roasted Romaine Ingredients:
- ½ tsp Loubier Gourmet Mild All Purpose Rub
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (small)
- ½ Onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ Tomato (thinly sliced)
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 tbsp Ranch Dressing
- Preheat the pan on high with no oil.
- Coat steaks with olive oil. Rub with Loubier Gourmet Mild All Purpose Rub.
- Sear one side for a couple minutes until preferred crust is developed.NOTE: Try not to move the filet too much.
- When you flip the filets, let them sear for a minute or so, then it's time to baste them: Add your butter, garlic and herbs.
- Once your butter has melted, grab a spoon, tilt the pan towards you and begin to pick the butter mixture with the spoon and pour it over the steaks.NOTE: Feel free to put the garlic and herbs on top of the steaks while you do this.
- Do this for a minute or so, or until internal temperatures have reached 10 below 125 degrees F for Rare, 130 degrees F for Medium Rare, 140 degrees F for Medium, 150 degrees F for Medium-well, or 160 degrees F for Well-done.NOTE: Let rest for 10 minutes so the steaks successfully hit your preferred temperature.
Roasted Romaine Directions:
- Rinse romaine head in the sink, then cut in half and set aside to dry.
- Thinly slice the onion and tomato for topping.
- Grill the romaine in a pan over an open flame, half cut side down for just 20 seconds to add color.
- Toss in the dressing and finish with a few pinches of Loubier Gourmet Mild All Purpose Rub.
- Crumble blue cheese over romaine halves and top with tomato and onion.
- Serve with your Filet Mignon and enjoy!
Thanks to Loubier Gourmet for this recipe!