Bacon Apple Grilled Cheese Recipe
Don’t have any Sweet & Hot Mustard left in the cupboard? Click here and use promo code GRILLMASTERSS&H at checkout for 20% off at WilderCondiments.com
Bacon Apple Grilled Cheese feat. Wilder Sweet & Hot Mustard
Before you knock it, try it first -- this grilled cheese recipe is guaranteed to knock your socks off. If you really want to take this sandwich to the next level, smoke it or grill it!
- Wilder Condiments Sweet & Hot Mustard or Inglehoffer Honey Mustard (May 2022 featured box item)
- 4 oz Extra Sharp White American Cheese, or your preferred cheese (about half a bar)
- 3 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon (thick cut)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (see slicing instructions below, slice them thin!)
- 2 slices Thick Cut Bread (sub cinnamon raisin bread if you have a sweet tooth)
- Cook bacon to your preference. Don't make it too crispy, especially if you plan on smoking the sandwich.
- Slice your extra sharp white American cheese into ¼” thick pieces.
- Slice the apples from top to bottom along the core. Then, place the apple slice skin side up, so the flat side is facing down. and slice the apple as thin as you can, keeping the slices together as you do so (you will turn them on their side and stack them onto the sandwich).
- Liberally apply Wilder Sweet & Hot Mustard on two slices of bread and place on a cutting board, mustard side up.
- Begin building your sandwich by placing cheese slices on one slice of bread.
- Place stacks of sliced apples (3 slices high) atop the cheese, covering as much of the sandwich as possible, while keeping an even height.
- Place the bacon on top of the apples.
- Place more slices of cheese on top (if desired), and place the other slice of bread, mustard side down, on top of the sandwich.
Stove Top Instructions
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add butter before carefully placing your sandwich in the pan.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, pressing down carefully to help the sandwich meld together.
- Once you have a nice golden crust on the bottom, carefully flip the sandwich and grill for another 3-4 minutes, until done.
- Place the sandwich in a preheated smoker at 250 - 275 °F for 20-30 mins, or until the cheese has softened and the bread is to your preferred level of crispiness.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (325 - 375 °F).
- Grill for 4-6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and bread is to your preferred level of crispiness.