Air Fryer Steak Fries
What happens when you air fry steak fries? You get an edible high. That’s right, I Said Air Fryer Steak Fries.
Air fryer steak fries are the latest craze in the food world, as more and more people are embracing the fun and easy way to cook steak. The air fryer does all of the work for you! No need to visit that greasy-knuckled drive through, and no need to spend hours in front of the stove. You can make this in only a few minutes!
Here’s how to make this wonderful recipe — without a single drop of oil.
Use promo code GMC10 for 10% OFF at BrocmarBBQ.com valid through 11/1/22.
Air Fryer Steak Fries with Remy's Competition Rub
- 2 Tbsp
Brocmar Smokehouse® Remy's Competition Rub
- 2 Lb Frozen Steak Fries (OR 4 Medium Russet Potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil (Refer to Note 1)
If using frozen fries skip to Step 4.
- Cut the potatoes lengthways into long wide fries, approximately 3/4 inch wide and 1/3 inch thick.
- Soak the fries in cold water for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the fries in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, or spritz with oil for a lighter version [Note 2].
- Preheat air fryer to 360 °F
- Shake Brocmar Smokehouse® Remy's Competition Rub over the fries. Toss the fries to coat evenly in the seasoning and oil. add less or more depending on your spice level [Note 3]
- Place steak fries in air fryer basket, and air fry for 15-20 minutes for frozen steak fries, or 20-25 minutes if using homemade steak fries until fries are golden brown and crispy.
- Shake the basket 2 or 3 times during cooking to redistribute the fries and ensure they cook evenly.
- Choose a cooking oil with a high smoke point: light olive oil, vegetable oil, corn oil, or avocado oil are good options.
- Optional if using frozen steak fries.
- Should you choose to cook the fries in a deep fryer, only add the Brocmar Smokehouse® Remy's Competition Rub over the fries after you remove them from the oil right away and toss the fries to coat evenly.
- Brocmar Smokehouse® Remy's Competition Rub is also highly recommended on shoe string fries, waffle fries, slices potatoes, well you can put it on anything really!